2Hawk Tasting Room
What guidelines are in place to help protect our guests and team members from COVID-19 during Phases 1 & 2 of reopening?
In addition to the rigorous sanitizing and cleaning procedures that we always follow, our team members will be wearing masks, all parties will be spaced at least six feet apart, and groups of more than 10 people will not be permitted. Due to the numerous safety precautions we’re taking, seating capacity will be temporarily limited, and we are not currently taking reservations for groups of fewer than 6. Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations for groups of 6 or more will, however, be accepted and are strongly recommended. Note that we cannot currently accommodate groups larger than 10. Call 541.779.WINE (9463) between 1 and 7 pm any day to schedule your visit.
Here is a list of what to expect when you visit our tasting room:
- Effective July 1, 2020, everyone 12 and older is required to wear a mask, face shield, or face covering while inside our location. This includes entering & exiting the building, and going to and from the restroom or bar. Masks do not need to be worn while seated at your table.
- Groups larger than 10 people will not be permitted.
- Indoor and outdoor tables will be spaced six feet apart to enable parties to maintain social-distancing requirements.
- No self-serve water or other items will be available.
- All wines in a flight are delivered to the guest at the same time.
- Wine glasses will be polished while wearing single-use gloves.
- No bocce or cornhole will be allowed for the time being.
- Flight paddles and menus will be sanitized after each use.
- iPads will be sanitized after each contact with a customer.
- Tables and chairs will be disinfected between uses.
- Food prep surfaces; bar; bathroom counters; and toilet and door handles will be sanitized frequently throughout the service period.
- An ozone generator, a powerful and naturally occurring disinfectant, is used 24 hours per day to disinfect air and surfaces in the tasting room.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed in several places throughout the tasting room for easy access by customers and staff.
- Employees will wear masks during service and gloves when conducting sanitizing tasks.
- After handling any items touched by customers, employees apply hand sanitizer or thoroughly wash their hands.
- A designated staff member will be appointed each day to monitor social-distancing requirements for seating and to avoid bottlenecks in high-traffic areas.
What measures did 2Hawk immediately put in place in response to the COVID-19 outbreak?
To help prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), 2Hawk Vineyard & Winery staff instituted additional measures on top of our already stringent sanitizing procedures. As always, we rigorously follow all local, state, and federal regulations regarding food handling and customer safety. Additionally, we have a longstanding practice of supplemental handwashing throughout the service period, particularly after handling items like money, which can be a vector for spreading germs. Further, we regularly sanitize the bar, tables, and other surfaces with industrial sanitizer throughout the tasting room between uses. On the technical side, we have three separate air handlers for climate control in the tasting room, all with their own filtration. Our covered patio has plastic panels and is heated but still allows open-air seating. We are also one of the few wineries in Southern Oregon that provide paid sick leave for all of our employees, whether they are part-time or full-time. Now more than ever, we will diligently ensure anyone presenting with a fever stays home. At 2Hawk, the safety of our guests and team members is paramount. We hope this information is helpful to you and that you can visit 2Hawk with confidence. Be safe, be well, and cheers!
Are minors allowed?
Children are welcome in the tasting room, grounds, and patio. In compliance with state law, our tasting bar is only for guests over the age of 21. Guests under 21 cannot drink alcohol, even with a parent’s consent. While children are welcome to visit with parents, for the enjoyment of all our guests, we respectfully ask that you keep them with you at all times. Our setting is intended to be a peaceful place for adults so we ask that there be no running, climbing, throwing, or shouting.
Are dogs allowed?
We have two tables at the front of our building where pets are permitted. These tables are first-come, first served. Pets must be under Owner supervision at all times, and Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
Is there a tasting fee?
Yes. We offer five flight structures: Exploratory Flight (a mix of white wines and red wines); Flight of Whites; Flight of Reds; our Darow Series Flight featuring reserve-level wines; and a Wine & Chocolate flight that decadently pairs locally made artisan chocolates with four of our wines. The tasting fee is reversed if you purchase two bottles of wine.
Are group tastings and tours available?
Yes. For groups of 8 or more, please call 541.779.WINE (9463) or email us ahead of time to make arrangements so we can be sure we have the available seating and staffing to provide everyone with an excellent experience.
Do you take reservations for smaller groups?
Absolutely. Please call the tasting room at 541.779.WINE (9463) to let us know you are coming. We strive to provide everyone with an excellent experience. Reservations are strongly recommended for groups of 8 or more; without them we cannot guarantee seating will be available. Requests for table reservations are not accepted via email.
Can we hold a meeting at 2Hawk?
Being in the business of wine, we respectfully ask that our seats and servers are only occupied by groups that will be purchasing wine.
How do I make a donation request?
We accept donation requests during the month of January each year. Please send donation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be as specific as possible with the nature of your request, including the date you need the donation. We will review all requests and reply by March 1.
Is your facility wheelchair-accessible?
Yes, our facility is wheelchair-accessible.
What are your hours?
We are open daily from 1 to 7 pm.
What days are you closed?
We are closed on Thanksgiving Day and December 24 through January 1. Please see our Happenings page for information on additional closures pertaining to other holidays or private events.
Do you have a mailing list?
Yes. Sign up today.
Can we picnic at the winery?
We do not allow outside food or drink at 2Hawk, but we have a great list of our own wine accompaniments to choose from.
Can I host a wedding or private event at 2Hawk?
While we don’t typically do weddings, we do host private events from November to April. Smaller events can often be accommodated other times during the year. Contact us to schedule and discuss details.
Can I use the 2Hawk property for photo shoots?
We do not allow photo shoots on the property.